MASA is hosting two workshops for School ADvance GrowthPLUS subscribers, offering training and solid support of their educator evaluation tool, helping administrators to meet all state requirements surrounding evaluations. This robust network of school administrators will be provided the opportunity to develop skills to further district learning growth and improvement. The two sessions will include a focus on fully integrating, designing, developing, facilitating, supporting, and evaluating the School ADvance educator evaluation system.
This is the second workshop, Session 2, and will be held on February 28, 2018. At this workshop, the School ADvance trainers will assist administrators with Fine Tuning the Evaluation Cycle, Evidence Development and Interpretation, Developing Powerful Personal Growth Plans, and Conducting Evidence-Based Conferencing. Participants will leave this session with all the evaluation characteristics unpacked and evidences outlined for each effectiveness level.
When: February 28, 2018: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Where: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 925 Creyts Rd., Lansing, MI 48917
- Evaluation Cycle Tune-up
- Evidence: What it is and is not; The Four Types of Evidence; Levels of Evidence; Unpacking Examples; and Creating More Examples
- Personal Growth Plans: Purpose, Format, and Content and Fine Tuning for More Robust Growth Plans
- Evidence Based Conferencing: Objective of Evidence Based Conferencing; Process, Roles, and Responsibilities (Evaluator/Evaluatee); and Demonstration and Practice
- Feedback, and Future GrowthPLUS Network Sessions
School ADvance Trainers: (Sara Shriver, Derek Wheaton & Susan Wakefield)
To participate in these workshops, a subscription to GrowthPLUS is required. GrowthPLUS participants are district representatives (one to two per subscriber district) who will be responsible for designing, developing, facilitating, supporting, and evaluating their district’s educator evaluation system.
Districts that have adopted School ADvance can join the GrowthPLUS Network for an annual fee of $750.
The GrowthPLUS subscription covers:
- Two drive in clinic opportunities exploring topics such as the characteristics of an effective educator evaluation system, evaluation process updates and student growth model support.
- Webinars supporting effective observations, current legislation and evaluation planning/timelines
- Website Resource Center
- Communication support